GCDA is Hosting a Live Webinar!
Demystifying Gut Health and the Gut Microbiome
Tuesday, October 5th, 2021 6:00pm-8:00pm
This webinar is approved for 2 CEUs, registration is required to obtain.
Registration is required by 10/04/2021 at 11:59 PM
6:00 PM - 6:10 PM...Short Business Meeting with GCDA Updates
6:10 PM - 7:50 PM...Presentation by Dr. Jessie Hoffman, PhD, RD
7:50 PM - 8:00 PM...Question/Answer Session with Speaker
*CEUs will be distributed via email within 24-48 hours after presentation*
Presentation Learning Objectives:
1. Discuss the parameters that may be used to define the term "gut health"
2. Describe the role of the gut microbiome in digestive and overall health.
3. Describe the methods used to measure the microbiome and the nuance surrounding making conclusions based on these methods.
4. Compare and contrast interactions of the different macronutrients with the gut microbiome and gut health.
5. List five practical recommendations that dietitians can implement to assess and address an individual's gastrointestinal health.
Jessie Hoffman, PhD, RDJessie Hoffman is a Registered Dietitian, Assistant Professor, and researcher in the field of human nutrition. She obtained her PhD in Nutritional Sciences from the University of Kentucky and subsequently completed her dietetic internship with Iowa State University. She also holds a MS in Nutrition from UNC-Greensboro and a Bachelors in Biology from Newberry College.
Currently, she is Assistant Professor at Winthrop University in the Department of Human Nutrition, where she teaches both undergraduate and graduate metabolism courses, as well as conducts research. Her dietetic and research expertise are in gastrointestinal conditions and the gut microbiome. Currently, her research focuses on the impact of exercise, psychological stress, and dietary factors on gastrointestinal health and the gut microbiome. She is very passionate about dietetics and nutrition education and communication, and participates in such areas regularly through speaking engagements, podcasts, and social media.
Free for GCDA members, $10 for non-GCDA Members and $5 for non-GCDA Member Students
Registration: You will receive your Webex link within 48 hours of the event.